Modern family members whether you are a single, same sex, step or bio parent and everyone in between, 2011 is your year to bust up the clutter in your life. Clutter makes its way into our lives in forms ranging from petty issues with the ex, the stress of being a single parent, too much work and not enough play, ignoring your own self-comfort and mental well-being and just plain drama!
2011 is your year Readers to bust and declutter. In order to truly be happy, we need to have peace. In order to have peace, we have to commit to removing what stresses us out and causes us to clutter our lives not just with “things” but also with the junk drama, the junk friendships, the junk relationships, the junk period.
Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
We’ve all heard the phrase Lather, Rinse, Repeat! This is going to be my mantra for the new year. When I feel myself being stressed out I am going to use that phrase to help get me back on track. When it comes to people in my life, whether that be at work or in my personal life, if it stresses me out, I am going to Lather, Rinse and Repeat by washing that stress right out of my life. How you might ask? Here are a few tips:
- Take time for yourself! This years No. 1 priority. YOU! Take a day off work and allocate that day all to yourself. Go buy some good fruit, healthy snacks, a few not so healthy snacks if you like, and veg out! One of my favorite things to do is to rent a hotel room for a night all to myself. I don’t skimp either. I get a nice room, with hot tub, a pool and I live it up.
- Let go of unhealthy relationships! If you are in a relationship that constantly stresses you out or one that you realize you are the only person putting anything into the relationship then my advice is to get rid of it!
- Incorporate something entirely new. I recently discovered Yoga. I always have heard rave reviews about yoga from friends and co-workers, so I tried a session. It is not just a great way to exercise, but also to release your mind of unnecessary junk.
- Keep a journal. I have always loved to express my thoughts on paper. I was given a beautiful journal for Christmas and I plan on putting it to good use in 2011. Journals give you a way to express your inner most thoughts, cares, joys and sorrows while at the same time giving you an outlet for healing.
- Do unto others. Doing something nice makes us stronger human beings. When you do unto others, you do unto yourself as well. You give yourself the gift of personal power to bless others. The end result…blessings return to you.
- Channel your inner rebel. When your willpower is wearing you down, do something you wouldn’t normally do. Shop until you drop for the day, invite your good girl or boyfriends out and hit a good restaurant or maybe even the jazz club for the evening. Have some good fun!
What we are really doing by de-junking, busting and decluttering our lives is making room for the real blessings we deserve. There is a great quote from the poet Rumi which says “Let the beauty we love be what we do.“ This is a simple principal and a reminder that we do not have to hold on to extra drama and stress in our lives. Let the beauty we love be what we do. It’s just that simple.
Peace & Blessings,