It’s no secret that with how busy our lives are, sometimes as couples, we inadvertently put our sex lives on the back burner. Well, 2011 is here and we at Today’s Modern Family want to help you spice up your sex lives which as you know, in turn, spices up your marriage and/or relationships as well.
Recently, I discovered a great website www.goodinbed.com. There, I personally found all kinds of unique ways to spice things up in the bedroom.
For example, let’s talk about fetishes and/or fantasies. I am a very shy person, especially when it comes to the topic of sex. So, fantasizing and discussing fetishes would be the last thing on my list of things to actually talk about with my husband, but never the last thing on my mind. Some folks see fetishes and fantasies and/or role playing as weird or actually harmful to your marriage/relationship. I disagree. I actually feel they can bring a couple closer together by sharing something that intimate. As long as fetishes and fantasy sharing is not a problem with either you or your spouse, I say GO FOR IT!
Here are a few extra tips to help you spice up your bedroom experience! Enjoy and have fun!
1. Pretend you just met him or her. When sex lives start to slow down a bit, pretend you just met your partner. It turns on a new outlook and you begin to want to reimpress him/her. Rediscover each other. It’s fun.
2. Tease. My husband and I make an effort to tease one another on a daily basis. We work totally different shifts so we send text messages during the day that are sometimes a bit explicit between the two of us and it always gives us something to look forward to upon seeing one another. It’s exciting.
3. Rent a video. Nothing wrong with it if it helps to stimulate your moods. Actually, it gives you new little tricks and tips as well.
4. Debunk the junk. Always find time for your marriage/relationship. When the mood hits you, turn off all distractions (i.e., the computer, your cell phone, etc.) and focus completely on your partner.
7. Be creative. Begin with whispers, lean into massages, and go from there. Be in control of your pleasure. Don’t hesitate to move out of your comfort zone and surprise him/her. Be aggressive.
8. Treat yourself. Buy yourself some new sexy lingerie. You deserve it. He deserves it.
9. Spend intimate time together. My husband and I use our bedroom as our haven. We allocate time to spend alone every week. It seems silly, but with busy kid schedules, different work shifts, a house full of kids all the time, we have to allocate intimate time. When we are just relaxing together watching reruns of old tv shows, we make sure that we are constantly touching. Nothing is better than to be nestled up next to him. Just that simple touch can be very intimate.
10. Go for the gusto! Make a game of it. Whoever wins, gets what he or she wants!!
I cannot stress enough that most couples forget to “nurture” their relationships and marriages. Part of that nurturing needs to be physical. Every human being desires to be nurtured. Focusing on the physical relationship (while it’s not the only aspect we need to focus on but a very important part that tends to get neglected) we have in our marriages and relationships brings us closer together not just physically but emotionally as well.
Happy spicing Ladies and Gents!